Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chipmunk Kabobs; A Reflection


Roses are red, violets are blue
I’m ready for a barbecue, how about you?
Summer’s almost over, so what do you say
I’ve got some baby bluejays I’ve been waiting to slay

I’ll roast them up nice on the charcoal grill
With a splash of lemon and a pinch of dill
Oh, baby birds are my favorite snack
Just sneak up behind one and give it a whack

No barbecue is complete without a side of cardinal stew
Better watch out, or it might include you
Squirrel and bacon and corn on the cob
If I see a chipmunk, I’ll make a kabob

I think some bird’s nest soup would make a fine start
I’ll knock one from that tree with a well-aimed dart
This nest is full of eggs! glad I didn’t use bow and arrows
Goodbye, baby birds; hello, huevos rancheros!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! You are welcome to partake in my barbecue if you like...
    ~Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have skeered us kitties with your words of killing.

    ReplyDelete